A classic trick-taking game for four players. Compete with your friends to have the lowest score!
- A game for four players.
- Cards are ranked high to low, Ace - 2.
- The hand ends when all of the cards have been used, then the scores are counted.
- Hearts is a trick-taking game, a trick is a winning round.
- The lowest score wins!
- Each player is dealt 13 cards.
- The player holding the 2 of clubs plays first.
Playing the Game
- Playing clockwise from the person holding the 2 of clubs, players alternate turns by playing cards from their hand, one at a time.
- The trick-winner of each round begins the following round.
- Every round, the first card played decides the lead suit.
- Players must play-in-suit if possible, but if a player does not hold any of the lead suit then they may discard any card.
- A round is complete when all players have played one card.
- Whoever plays the highest ranking card, in suit, receives the trick.
- After all of the cards have been played, the players count their tricks and record their scores.
- Each Heart = 1 point
- The Queen of Spades = 13 points
- When a player holds all of the Hearts and the Queen of Spades in a single hand, they receive 0 points, while all of the other players receive 26 points.
- When a player reaches 100 points, the game is over.
- The player with the lowest score wins!
PlayingCards.io is an online play space which allows you to play any tabletop or card game directly in your browser, multiplayer with your friends, for free. No app install is needed.
Create a room and share the room code to get started.