Take cards from your opponents to complete your four-of-a-kind's in the classic game of Go Fish. Go Fish is for 2 or more players.
Go Fish Rules
- In Go Fish, the goal is to get the most four-of-a-kind's. Once a player has four-of-a-kind, the cards are laid face down next to the player.
- Go Fish is played with a standard 52 card deck.
- Shuffle the deck and deal 7 cards to each player (2 players) or 5 cards to each player (3+ players).
- The remaining deck stays in the middle between all players.
Playing the Game
- The player left of the dealer goes first.
- On a player's turn, they must ask another player at the table if they have a certain rank of card (EXAMPLE: "John, do you have any 7's"). A player can only ask this if they hold at least one of the card they're asking for in their hand already.
- If the player asked does have any of the rank asked for, they must hand all of them to the player who asked for them. That player may now ask for cards again, of any rank from any player.
- If a player asks for cards and the other player does not have them, they say "Go Fish". The asking player must draw 1 card from the deck.
- Whenever a player has four-of-a-kind, those cards are immediately laid face down. This happens even if the fourth card needed for four-of-a-kind just drawn from "Go Fish".
- Whenever a player runs out of cards, they simply draw 5 cards from the deck. If there are no more cards left in the deck, they draw as many as they can.
- When there are no cards left in the deck and "Go Fish" happens, play just continues clockwise as there are no more cards left to draw.
- If a player runs out of cards and the deck is also empty, that player is out of play until the other players finish. Then scoring occurs.
- When there are no more cards left in players' hands and the deck is empty, each player counts the number of four-of-a-kind's they have collected.
Whoever has the most four-of-a-kind's wins Go Fish!
PlayingCards.io is an online play space which allows you to play any tabletop or card game directly in your browser, multiplayer with your friends, for free. No app install is needed.
Create a room and share the room code to get started.